Windows can be a strange creature from time to time. There are plenty of options, features, and it can all be a little bit overwhelming! Fortunately, help is on the way: here you’ll find everything you need to know to make Windows Help work in your favor. No more wondering what to do next!
The Help Encyclopedia
First thing to know is Microsoft offers a great deal of knowledge bases you can consult to find out almost every answer you need. Windows Help can be truly amazing for finding information – And can be a little ‘too much’ on occasions, especially when the one consulting isn’t too much of a techie!
Microsoft Support offers all needed information in a convenient summary-style menu you can consult. All you need to do is to follow each link provided, and get the help you need. There are tons of categories there, including:
- Apps: Need any Windows Help for apps? Here’s all you need. Just choose your option: Microsoft Edge, Cortana, Skype, Skype for Business, Yammer, Delve, Sway, Groove Music and Your Phone
- Business: Using this menu you’ll get great info about: Surface for Business, Skype for Business Online, Skype for Business Server, Azure, Intune, Dynamics AX, Dynamics CRM, Dynamics GP, other Dynamics solutions, Microsoft Partner Center Support and Power BI
- Devices: you can get useful help and info for Surface, Surface Hub, Xbox, Microsoft accessories, HoloLens, Microsoft Band, Mobile devices, Device service and repair.
- Office: select your preferred option and get great help with: Office for home, 365 for business, Outlook, OneDrive, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Microsoft Teams, Access, Publisher, Office for iPhone and iPad, Office for Android and Outlook 2016 for Mac.
- Windows: all the info you need regarding the great OS and all versions, updates, most popular features, and tons of other contents. You can select your preferred option between Windows 10, 10 Mobile, Mixed Reality, Insider Program, 8.1, RT 8.1, 7, Windows Server, Updates, Accessibility, Internet Explorer, and some great data for IT administrators
- Not finding what you need? Perhaps you can benefit from the ‘More’ menu. Select your option here: Microsoft account, Microsoft Store, Privacy, Security, Microsoft Lifecycle Policy, Bing, Bing Ads, MSN Explorer (Premium/Dial-up), MSN, Movies & TV and PC Gaming
- Developer & IT: the most savants can get their fair share of info here too. This menu includes: Windows SDK and app development, Visual Studio, Microsoft .NET Framework, Hardware development, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SharePoint Server and System Center
What if I can’t find what I need?
Don’t worry about a thing! Windows Help can help you too. And, of course, there are some options here too.
You can create a support request by department, submitting your contact information and request, so the nice people from Windows Help can reach out to you and help you out. And you can contact them in a live chat, using this big blue button here.
And they are also proud of their In Store help desk. Find out stores and help desks near you, here.
Your opinion is heard!
In the bottom-right corner of your screen, you’ll find a little box asking you if what you have read in the article and answer has been useful. You can click the buttons Yes or No. Bu clicking No, you can leave your comment and suggestions, or the issue you need specific help with. And what’s cool about this? They can reach out to you to help you too!
Use the menu. Get all the answers you need. And say good bye to your Windows doubts, for good!
Learn more about Windows Help following this link.
- Where to get previous versions of Microsoft products, services and technologies
- Find all the info you need at the Windows Update FAQ
- Office Login: improve your user experience and get all the help you need, right here
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Support: what to do now?
- What is Microsoft Developer and what you can accomplish with it