Since Microsoft Windows 10 was first introduced in the global market, it has gained both followers and haters constantly. Some love it and swear by it. Others absolutely hate it and constantly express their desire to go back to a simpler, more classical version. And many (many) users are still on the fence about this operating system that has shown such complexity as improvements.
Are you one of them? Need to learn more about Microsoft Windows 10? Then make sure to read this article in full. And don’t forget to leave us your comments below!
Windows 10… free?
First thing to know is many outdated programs and services are soon to be ‘moving to a service model for Windows 10’ (if they haven’t already), so getting Windows 10 is almost a must if you have received such notification.
But… how much will that cost you?
Well, Windows 10 was free of charge for the first year for Windows 7, 8.1, and 8.1 mobile users till the end of July, 2016. After that, and to the great surprise for almost everybody, Windows 10, both Home and Pro versions, are quite affordable. Considering all the perks that come with this OS!
By the time this article was written, the cost for an individual purchase of the full Microsoft Windows 10 Home version was US$139, while the Pro version was US$199.99.
Microsoft Windows 10 pros and cons
We have gathered tons of comments and reports regarding Windows 10, and these are the main pros and cons you need to consider when switching to a Microsoft Windows 10 OS:
Microsoft Windows 10 pros:
- Action Center for centralizing and managing app and system notifications
- Better security (Windows Defender)
- Better UI enhancement
- Clean modern, logical, user interface with less distractions
- Cortana digital assistant productivity benefits and accuracy
- Customizable Start menu
- Customizable Universal apps – ability float on desktop, resize, snap.
- DirectX 12 support
- Improved setup, tools, recovery tools, and backup tools
- Minimal learning curve
- Mouse, Keyboard and Touch friendly.
- New web browser – Microsoft Edge
- Richer cohesive, modern Settings app
- Simple setup and migration experience
- Snap Assist for managing on screen windows more effectively.
- Stable, robust entertainment and productivity apps
- Task View for managing applications
- Windows Update local network updating
- Xbox App & Xbox Game App
Microsoft Windows 10 Cons:
- A lot of telemetry running in the background
- Unneeded warnings (like when switching default programs)
- Space taking bloatware apps & unnecessary apps/ programs
- Need to be logged into your Microsoft Account to use many features
- Action Center limited options for notifications
- Mandatory Automatic Updates
- Some functions have been moved or changed
Need more information?
One fun and convenient tool introduced by Microsoft Windows 10 manufacturers in their website is a brief quiz designed to help you find the best device for you. In this page you’ll see a quiz button – click/tap it and choose the answers of each of the 4 questions. The system will take your answers into consideration, and recommend the best OS and device for you. (Surprising) Hint: it will be Microsoft Windows 10! 😉
Use this link here to find out more about Microsoft Windows 10 and Windows 10 computers and devices. And make sure to use the Help me choose a PC link below, to choose the right device for you!