Learn how to register to Facebook in simple steps, with clear easy-to-follow instructions, and great tips to set your privacy preferences to keep all your posts and personal data safe. In just a few minutes you’ll be able to connect with old friends, long lost relatives, and find new friends from around the globe to expand your social network, and even your professional network, using the world’s greatest social media platform!
First, you need to have an email address. And then…
First thing to do is to have an active email address. You’ll need it to create your Facebook account. If you have an active email address, log into your email account, and then open up your internet browser – you can use any browser you feel comfortable with, including Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or whichever you have in your device or computer.
Step by step instructions to register to Facebook
Creating a new account to register to Facebook is really easy. Follow these simple instructions to register to Facebook in just a few minutes:
- Open up your internet browser, and go to the URL facebook.com.
- Make sure to read Facebook’s Terms, Data use policies and Cookies policies. These are long reads, but they are important!
- Submit the requested information, including your first name, last name, phone number or email address, and your password (one of our choosing – 8 characters long, alphanumeric). Submit your date of birth too, so the system can adapt your experience according to your age. Set your gender (male, female, or custom your own preferred settings), and then click the Register big button below.
- Go to your email inbox and click the link provided in their confirmation email.
- And that’s it! You now have your own Facebook account, ready to be used.
How to set your preferences
Upon creating and confirming your account, access Facebook using your username and password. Click the arrow button located to the top-right corner of your scrfeen, and access the Settings option.
Start navigating the options from the menu to the left, and set your visibility preferences, your privacy settings, which of your information is allowed to be displayed and/or shared, and more.
What to do now
Find new friends, and send them requests to connect with them. And now go have fun! You can post comments, pics, play games, share videos and contents, and even send and get private messages with friends and groups. The sky is the limit here! Always be cautious when sharing sensible information, and you’ll have a safe, fun experience with your new account.
Register to Facebook using this link here.